Mine is actually a bi-vocation. I would love to write books that stretch and deepen people’s understanding of God, while leading a local faith community (not sure what that part looks like yet).
Archives For life
I read a great article on the tendency to get selfish (and ineffective) when the going gets rough from MSNBC Business.
Here is the bottom line: when you turn inward, whether in glory or defeat, the team suffers. Always. There is no room for selfishness on a team. I’d even go as far as to say that a team with selfish members (or even one member ) can be successful outwardly, and all the while, the team is crumbling internally.It’s not sustainable.
And how about selfishness when it comes to the personal victories and defeats of people of faith? When we turn inward, rather than recognize the One who spoke this whole thing into being, things can get pretty ugly, pretty fast. The tendency to focus on ourselves creates distance between ourselves and the one who desires to dwell amongst us.
Just a reminder: This isn’t about you. Lift your eyes, friends.
I have to confess that even though I claim to follow Jesus, if you inspected my life, you would find greed, laziness and envy.
Now I move forward and continually ask for radical grace.
Do you have anything you would like to confess?
I’d suggest you get it off your chest and keep moving.
- Finished up a post for ChurchCrunch.com – check it out HERE – let me know what you think.
- Set up a domain parking page for a soon-to-be-launched blog. So pumped for it.
- Working on an article for COLLIDE magazine, that will feature the insight of someone much smarter and creative than myself. *hint: when you are writing an article, including someone better than yourself makes your writing better *
- Working on my first ever newsletter. Once it launches, it will be an added bonus to the above referenced blog. I am pouring a lot of time and effort into it, and hopefully it will be so much more than just noise. If you have any ideas for ways to add value, hit me up! Who’s got a killer newsletter that you can’t wait to read?
- Plugging away at the book…with a new designer on board to handle layout. Excited! Still room for another designer – someone who deals with typography and layout – to serve as an art director of sorts. Email me if interested email@example.com.